The Indiana Animal Health Foundation supports the future of veterinary medicine by supporting veterinary students and young people interested in the profession.
The IAHF will award 2 – $1000 scholarships to Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine students.
Eligibility requirements to apply are listed below. The primary requirement is to submit no more than a 500 word essay addressing the following:
Considering the significant demands currently placed on veterinary professionals (all team members in practices) due to the global pandemic, what practice management strategies can organized veterinary medicine provide to its members to help meet our clients’ expectations?
Scholarship Application Eligibility Requirements:
To be eligible for an IAHF Scholarship, the student must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled as a full time veterinary student (1st, 2nd, 3rd, of 4th year) at the Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Display an appropriate need for the scholarship.
- Be an active Student American Veterinary Medical Association (SAVMA) member.
- Demonstrate sincere interest in animal well-being, the human-animal bond, community service activities or involvement in leadership positions within SAVMA (i.e. allied clubs, committee chair, or other SAVMA activity).
- Submit a completed online IAHF Scholarship Application form by October 30, 2023.
- The IVMA Executive Director will obscure each student’s name, on their application, and assign a code number to prevent bias in the selection process.
The Indiana Animal Health Foundation Board of Directors will review all applications and essays and select the scholarship recipients. The recipients of the scholarships will be notified in December 2023. The scholarships will be awarded in February 2024.